2.24.2009

The Importance of Rubrics.

This week I have discovered the importance of rubrics. The rubrics paper we were assigned gave me the chance to create my first rubric. I had a little trouble figuring out exactly what I wanted to have in my rubric since I did not have an actual assignment that I would be grading. The Rubistar website was a lot of help. Not only does the site have many example rubrics but it also allows you to create your own unique rubric.It allowed me to make the rubric exactly as I wanted it. Rubistar is something I would definitely use in the future.

Personally, I love rubrics. As a student I have always appreciated when teachers gave us rubrics because we know exactly what they are looking for. They allow student to measure their work before they see what the teacher will say about it. Rubrics not only give a student expectations, but they also make grading easier for teachers. Teachers who use rubrics are able to measure their students' level of preference consistently. As a teacher I would definitely consider using rubrics as much as possible.

3 comments:

  1. Kristin,

    Thanks for sharing your experience with rubrics.

    I am glad you use this site in the future.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Kristin. I also appreciate when a teacher gives a rubric with an assignment. It helps us understand what is expected of us. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rubistar website and I love Rubrics! Great post!

    ReplyDelete