3.11.2009

Teacher Expectations.


As a teacher, I have many expectations for my students. First off, I would expect all of my students to complete the assignments I assign to them. The main purpose of school is to learn and learning takes practice. This includes completing homework and other assignments given by the teacher. In order for my students to succeed, I expect them to do everything I ask of them.

I also expect my students to respect me and their fellow students. Respect is an important part of learning because it ensures comfort and reassurance in the classroom. Having respectful students will make the classroom stress-free and perfect for adequate learning.

Another thing I expect of my students is for them to be open to new experiences. All children should be open to new things especially in school. Since the classroom is so different from home, it is important for students to be able to except a new type of person or occurrence into their everyday lives.

2 comments:

  1. It is very important to have high expectations of your students. I admire that and I must say that you are certainly in the right mind frame to becoming a great teacher. As a teacher I just wanted to say to keep those high expectations even when other teacher tell you that they have had this class before and you should not expect to much. Always begin the school year with a clear impression and after a while you will be able to assess the students yourself. Though it is helpful to hear what the previous teacher has to say, try to give the child the benefit of the doubt. Stay open-minded. From reading your blog, I can say that you are going to be a wonderful teacher. I enjoyed reading your Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Kristin. The purpose of going to school is to learn,and learning takes practice. In order to be good at anything a person must practice, and I believe that homework is the practice you do for school. Great post!

    ReplyDelete