4.07.2009

Portfolios.


Personally, I love portfolios. I think they are a neat and organized way to track the progress of students thought their educational careers. Portfolios can hold the best (or worst) of a students work. I think that having good and bad work will make the portfolios more valuable as a reference. Keeping both types of graded work handy will allow the students and teachers to use the portfolios as a reference when completing new assignments. The students will know exactly what the teacher does and does not want.

Portfolios are helpful for both students and teachers. Teachers can use portfolios to track the development of each student. I know as a young student my teachers would keep portfolios of writing and track the developments myself and my classmates made. This can be used as a form of assessment because the teachers can see of the students are actually understanding the work.

3 comments:

  1. Kristin,
    Good and bad work are exactly it! I could not have said it any better. How can we learn if we don't know our mistakes? Same for the students! Very nice touch, and I completely am a fan of portfolios.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,

    Great job!

    You claim that we can use portfolios for assessment. You say, "Portfolios are helpful for both students and teachers. Teachers can use portfolios to track the development of each student." You are correct!

    How would you do this in your classroom?

    Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin- I agree with you portfolios are great and helpful. When a portfolio has both best and worst work a student can see where the mistake happened and how to go about not making the same mistake.

    ReplyDelete